Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Tingloy, Maricaban Island

Reminiscing our vacation last summer of 2007, I am glad for visiting my husband's ancestral house located at "Tingloy, Maricaban Island". It is the municipal town on "Maricaban Island", we reached the place through a motor boat from Anilao, Batangas and estimated one hour travel. We spent our Holy Week there, visited the relatives and my husband introduced me to them. I really appreciated as I saw the old houses, in fact their ancestral house is an old one but, there are already renovated houses as some people worked abroad. They practiced simple way of living and their transportation on the Island is tricycle and single motorcycle, the electric distribution there is not 24 hours it is only from 10am to 10pm. We sleep with an open window so that the wind flow through and through, other houses installed a generator for an overnight usage of the electricity. At first I was scared if there is a night creatures coming unto us but, my husband laughed at me and said: "you are so irrational believer" and all I did was prayed and prayed until I was asleep (LOL). Again, I want to visit that place because its so relaxing and away from so much pollution. For info "Maricaban Island" is near the famous Sombrero Island.

2 comments:

  1. wow! that must be really a good place. me wants to go there,hehehehehe! it's pretty creepy to have your forthy winks with an open windows,hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. ganda naman ng anchestral haus nila!! walang katulad..
    open window while sleeping yan ang dream life pag old na ako..lol..yung preskong hangin.

    ReplyDelete